|Purpose: To greet and check guests in with superior customer service. To respond to guest inquiries and complete reservation and bookkeeping functions. Essential Functions: |
- Provide superior guest service by responding quickly in greeting guests and responding to their requests.
- Perform guest transactions, balance accounting reports, process reservations and credit cards, and prepare direct billings.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash; make changes and balance cash drawer using proper cash handling procedures.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment.
- Maintain key security following procedures for programming key cards for length of stay only and distributing additional keys only to guests with proper I.D.
- Report all incidents or occurrences of an unusual nature that could result in potential loss, damage, injury or other liability to individuals or company property.
- Promptly answer the telephone using superior telephone courtesy and professionalism when receiving or transferring calls utilizing phone equipment properly.
- Maintain clean, neat and professional appearance of front desk and lobby area.
- Strive to sell rooms following the phone etiquette guide.
- Respond to guest complaints and concerns by assessing the situation and extending assistance to resolve the issue promptly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Operate fax machine distributing incoming faxes by notifying guests promptly.
- Train new desk clerks.
- Assist guests in an emergency situation.
- Assist housekeeping with laundry and room cleaning if needed.
- Additional Duties as requested by your supervisor.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies: customer service, interpersonal skills, oral communication, written communication, teamwork, change management, quality management, sound judgment, attendance, punctuality, dependability, and initiative.
- Moderate math and calculator skills.
- Physical ability to stand for long period of time, writes legibly, grasp, carry and lift up to 40 pounds. Hearing and visual acuity to inspect and monitor front desk and lobby.
- Good verbal and listening skills to communicate to guests.
- High school education (or equivalent) preferred.
- Know how to work a computer
- Must speak English and one of the following languges: (Spanish, Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali, or Hindi)