We are currently seeking a Lead Technologist to act as a senior member of the Junior Golf Hub team.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead Junior Golf Hub technology function and strategy across all aspects (strategy development, vendor management, hiring, coding & development, UAT & production deployments)
· Work closely with President & Founder of JGH to understand product roadmap, long term product vision & create short/mid and long term plan to achieve
· Liaison with current vendor (product has been developed by 3rd party vendor to date) to understand existing environment and code base that has been developed and deployed
· Drive QA and UAT processes with current vendor and push code to production
· Provide ad-hoc support for the JGH team members (e.g. reporting, data extracts/loading, etc.) and well as external support to web site users
· Coordinate the insourcing of lion’s share of development work to JGH and determine key variables to consider including timetable for moving functions away from the vendor, determining the mix of technology skills required for the team, hiring the resources and managing the team. Also it would be expected that the future product will have fully automated testing within a CI environment (already exists but automated web tests and additional unit tests need to be added).
Experience Level and Technology Requirements
Experience Level: 5 years of experience in technology development and at least 3 years of experience managing teams on multiple projects.
Technology Requirements: The candidate should be proficient in end-to-end web development. The current technology stack includes:
· Microsoft ASP.NET Web API (.Net 4.5) C#
· Angular.js 1 SPA
· Microsoft SQL Server
The web site and development environments are hosted in Microsoft Azure Platform as a service. The ideal candidate would have experience deploying web components to externally hosted infrastructure solutions. The tools being used are standard Microsoft products including Visual Studio, SCCS and Team Services.
Communication - The candidate must be able to work with JGH personnel, the current vendor and external users of the product. This requires that their communication skills, both oral and written, be excellent.
Team Building/Leadership - The candidate will ultimately be responsible for staffing the technology function at JGH. He should have a proven track record of being able to staff a project with demonstrated loyalty from his team.
Vendor Management - The candidate should have experience working with vendors. This includes the ability to scope out requirements, check specifications, determine the optimal way for vendor-client interactions to function, etc.
GOLF – In a perfect world, the technologist would also be a golfer or avid sports enthusiast. It will allow him to understand the domain quickly and communicate effectively with internal staff and external users.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Junior Golf Hub (JGH) – Lead Technologist
The Junior Golf Hub (www.juniorgolfhub.com) is a new, young, and exciting company in the golf industry. Founded in 2016, we are currently creating the premier online community for junior athletes on the rise and college coaches seeking top talent. Our site allows college bound and aspiring junior athletes to create a free, compelling digital profile which highlights golfing achievements and then link-in and message with college coaches that are interested in having them play for their program. In addition, we have an extensive product map including proprietary instructional content on the road to better golf, a detailed college finder, a tournament finder with guidance on optimizing a tournament schedule and more! The Junior Golf Hub is an innovative and fast moving company looking to make a big impact in the world of golf!
Based in Ridgefield, CT and currently co-located with Golf Performance Center training facility on Ethan Allen Highway, we are a startup with a truly unique and fun working environment. Candidates will work hard but also enjoy the benefits of a fun, informal and free startup working environment. Play pool at lunch, hit golf balls or chip and putt outside before work, or workout in our state of the art athletic training facility during the day. In addition, our current team is comprised of a unique mix of talent including a top PGA pro, experienced business executives and Division I college athletes.