Senior Shift Leader
Plato's Closet is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're part of a nationwide unique recycling retail store specializing in clothing and accessories for teens and twenty somethings — we buy and sell the latest looks in clothing and accessories from the hottest brand names for girls and guys. Team members benefit from a fun working environment, flexible hours, and an employee discount. If you like shopping and being the first to discover an amazing find, then this just might be the job for you.
Assist in managing and promoting all aspects of the business; including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, training and supervising staff. Promote a high level of customer service and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead assigned shifts, ensuring that customers are greeted immediately, their needs are determined, and all transactions are handled in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Opening and closing responsibilities, including but not limited to: key control, locking and arming the store, cash handling responsibilities, and ensuring the store is suitable for opening the next day / next shift.
- Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
- Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customers to return to the store with their used items for product to sell; educating the customer about the buy process.
- Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Develop proficiency in operating POS system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
- Abitlity to lead a team and ensure the store is being operated according to strict standards, accept constructive feedback, and follow directions.
- Excellent communication, self-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Sales and goal oriented.
- Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking ability, and a high level of responsibility.
- Must have excellent customer communications skills.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends typical of the retail industry.
- Individuals who work hard and consistently maintain the store's standards will be given the opportunity to work full time
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to lift and/or push up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
- Ability to move and work quickly for long periods of time.
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
- 3+ years or more experience with a major retail clothing store, preferably a top teen/20's brand.
- Must love fashion and shopping and keep current on the latest teen/20s styles, trends, and brands.