We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Sales Associate.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to all guests. They must have the ability to be an effective, efficient and productive team member that is responsible for product maintenance, purchasing of product, store upkeep, customer sales and buy pay outs.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Role model and demonstrate superior customer service by following store standards and expectations at all times.
- Be a productive, efficient team member that follows directions from supervisors.
- Participate in daily store maintenance and product processing according to store standards.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Critical Coverage
- Shifts are Sundays through Saturdays between 9am and 9pm and most occur after 12 noon.
- Part time is a minimum of 15 hours a week, broken down into three days a week, including a minimum of one weekend day. Full time is a minimum of 30 hours a week, broken down into a minimum of four days a week.
- Any call outs such as sick or personal issues must have coverage that is equal to your status and you must have Assistant Manager Approval.
- Availability at time of hire is what the Sales Associates schedule will be based on and any changes may impact employment.
- Casual professional dress meeting the basic standards of Style Encore’s dress code.
- Role modeling positive attitudes and behaviors at all times.
- Leave all personal issues outside the store.
- Have a smile and pleasant expression at all times.
- Using positive respectful manners at all times using please and thank you.
- Pace should be quick and efficient.
- Personal discussions will be kept to a minimum with appropriate public conversations, ensuring productivity and no offenses to customers or other staff.
- Store Maintenance
- Hanging clothes, making sure the product is hung according to standards.
- Tagging, security tagging, hanging, rack organization is a daily operation.
- Sub categorizing, sizing, zipping, buttoning, tying, colorizing, paying close attention to detail.
- Vacuuming, product straightening, moping, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning windows and other store maintenance.
- Nightly clean-up which is very detailed with specific standards to ensure Style Encore maintains its clean, organized atmosphere for the following day.
- Dressing room protocol which includes counting items, cleaning out the fitting room, writing the customer’s name and watching for theft.
- Customer Service
- Greet all customers with a positive, friendly attitude every time.
- Assisting customers in finding the product they are looking to find.
- Dressing Room Assistance
- Retrieving product for customers
- Communicate store promotions to every customer
- Answer telephone and follow store standards when providing customers with information.
- Sales Associates will receive leadership from Assistant Managers or Keyholders on Shift.
- Sales Associates will have periodic reviews as they are trained.
- Purchase of Product- Style Encore is a Women’s resale business. This means that our sales associates are purchasing product from our customers on a daily basis. Sales associates will be trained to do the following:
- Welcome and sign in selling customers.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate consistently and clearly how customers sell product to Style Encore.
- Communicate the store’s inventory levels and areas of need.
- Complete buy sign in form, label containers and rotation of seller’s product.
- Accurately quote time for the process, how to know when process is complete and direct customers to where they need to go.
- Must be able to communicate how Style Encore determines what to purchase.
- Must recognize the key points of Style Encore; cash on the spot, same day processing, all seasons all year round, trendy up to date WOMEN’S FASHIONS!
- Must communicate to customers what happens if they leave the store and or do not return.
- Computer entry of incoming product.
- Efficiently and accurately enter customer information into the computer.
- Recognize red flags that indicate concerns regarding seller and know how to handle situation.
- Accurately subcategorize product.
- Accurately use the value, standard and excellent buttons.
- Accurately use the basic and fancy buttons.
- Price product according to store standards, offering selling customers fair prices for their items.
- Print customer quotes and follow product processing standards for payouts to occur.
- Must be able to communicate to the customers how pricing is determined, including percentage of actual retail value, percentage customer receives.
- Must be able to handle a customer who wants to barter on prices.
- Product inspection
- Have a clear understanding of Style Encore’s target demographic.
- Efficiently inspect tops, bottoms and accessories following the standards for these products.
- Must be able to communicate with customers about store buying standards, product need, and reasons for product being returned in a friendly, kind, understandable manner that is never offensive.
- Understand the importance of customer perceptions and the need to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Understand the buying needs chart and how it determines the buying standards.
- Difficult Situations
- Hovering Customer
- Bartering Customers
- Persuasive Customers
- Mixing up buys
- Customers who are short on time
- Customers with a single item
- Sympathy buying
- Welcome and sign in selling customers.
- Schedule necessitates irregular patterns of working including late nights, weekends and banking holidays. Style Encore is open until 8:00pm and Sales Associates are expected to work until 9:00 p.m. although there are times when Sales Associates will need to stay later. Working hours include regular unsocial hours, especially during the busy sales periods.
- Sales Associates must be able to handle elements of pressure and unpredictability.
- Customer focus, drive and enthusiasm, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, and have an aptitude for team work.
- Must be efficient and accurate.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time carrying baskets of product or large quantities of product on hangers, up to 8 hours per day.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computerized sales terminal pertaining selling product.
- Ability to accurately count cash and give back change.
- Ability to operate a credit card processor.
- No exposure to hazardous materials or environments.
- Ability to safely use and climb step stools and ladders.
- No cellular phone use during clocked in hours.