Summary: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Operations. Develops new business and ensures superior customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A proven ability to prospect and develop new business opportunities by leveraging existing contracts, while creating new contract opportunities.
- Prospecting and business development will be an essential requirement of this position.
- Acts as a technical representative to the customer, during the initial contact.
- Identify prospective opportunities using relationships with existing federal customers, market assessment, industry sources, partners, and customers
- Participate in cross-department business case development and communicate business plans and strategies to key executives
- Qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships and incumbents
- Analyze, assess and interpret market information, including customer and competitive contract options.
- Lead the review and analysis of RFP’s, develop terms and compliant cost proposals
- Working knowledge and legal interpretation of contract terms and conditions and ability to identify risk and potential liabilities. Work with Contract Compliance Manager to investigate and resolve contract compliance problems and questions
- Coordinate activities with internal stakeholders to manage contracts and agreements from proposal preparation, negotiation, and administration through close out
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with contracting officers of the US government, prime contractors, and other related organizations
- Knowledge of federal government and contracting processes and principles; complex legal and regulatory requirements related to contracts with customers and partners
- Track record of identifying, qualifying and winning project engagements with government entities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be an action-oriented, results driven individual
- Ability to build relationships with and influence all levels within an organization
- Strong business acumen: understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as Internet Explorer.
- Identify and work to overcome barriers to expansion of the business program
- Develop and communicate expertise in “best practices” for government contracting strategies, performance knowledge, market pricing, and industry practices.
- Manage use and application of market data for development of new business opportunities.
- Effective presentation, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple, complex actions with varying priorities in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter with the confidence and ability to build and maintain successful relationships with customers and business partners
- Able to analyze, problem solve, and grow current business opportunities.
- Able to work in a team environment and/or independently.
- Able to interact professionally with senior officials in the public and private sectors.
- Proven experience in customer satisfaction, contract performance/quality management, and problem solving within private, non-profit, or government sector. Formal training in customer service, quality processes/systems, and/or problem solving skills development is desirable.
- Travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s Degree is required.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is a preferred.
A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in a HUD related environment and/or equivalent.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Excellent Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Come Join the Team at CWIS and submit your resume!
CWIS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed service, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local state or federal law. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our employees. All candidates offered employment are required to meet the CWIS, LLC employment qualifications applicable at the time of hiring, which could include drug screen and federal background check. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with CWIS, LLC please contact our Human Resources Department.