Loss Prevention Store Detective
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Loss Prevention Store Detectives.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 3 or more years experience in Loss Prevention or Asset Protection.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines. Monitors customer and associate activity in the assigned store to prevent potential theft of Company assets. Assists in monitoring store compliance with Company policies and procedures on theft deterrence, safety, and operational controls.
Internal and External Theft Deterrence & Awareness
- Monitors customer and associate activities in the store for potential theft of Company assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent theft; apprehends individuals engaged in theft activity when prevention is not effective.
- Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
- Assists in internal theft investigations as directed in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
- Accurately completes all statistical and incident reports. Maintains all apprehension and investigation records according to company standards.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and use of CCTV surveillance equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: assisting in Loss Prevention activities in other stores; attending court hearings on the company's behalf.
Operational, Shortage, and Safety Controls & Awareness
- Assists in monitoring store compliance with Company policies and procedures relating to theft deterrence, safety, and operational controls, as assigned by Supervisor. Informs Supervisor and Store Management of shortage control opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures and maintains high ethical standards
- Maintains attendance and dress code according to Company standards
- Engages in effective dialogue with Supervisor and Store Management team.
- Prior experience in Loss Prevention or educational background in Loss Prevention, security, or law enforcement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations. Strong verbal and written communication skills; basic math and reading skills, and legible handwriting.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time moving around the store, including stock storage areas, office areas, and the selling floor. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, standing, and reaching on a frequent basis. Associate must be capable of detaining theft suspects.