Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Req #2017394) - Decatur, AL
We have a full-time opening for a Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Req #2017394) - Decatur, AL.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 5 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
LOCATION: NASA Launch Services Program (LSP) Resident Office, Decatur, AL
DESCRIPTION: This position requires professional knowledge of Expendable Launch Vehicle (ELV) systems and their manufacturing processes. The engineer must have the ability to perform independent ELV systems analyses, assembly, testing, production and launch operations. Evaluate and assess major production technical problems. Monitor and assess production schedules, correlating technical issues with scheduling impacts. Provide insight to production flows and process improvements.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
POSSIBLE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
- Provide expert and effective insight into Atlas and Delta launch vehicle fleet systems and determine readiness for flight.
- Substantial communication with both NASA LSP and Commercial Launch Provider (CLP) management and engineers to ensure mission success
- Contributes to NASA engineering review boards on related concerns that affect hardware/missions along with attending and contributing to design reviews, readiness reviews, hardware inspections and the contractors ELV processing.
- Approval of hardware and test non-conformances, failure analysis and corrective actions for acceptability on NASA LSP unique missions.
- Develop and maintain insight into the CLP engineering and production through daily contact with peers throughout the CLP organization.
- Participate in reviews and meetings at the CLP location.
- Participate in selected reviews and activities at other locations (e.g., working groups, Spacecraft-to-Vehicle Fit Check, CLP supplier product reviews).
- Participate in the NASA-led Launch Campaigns by traveling to launch site as part of the engineering launch team or providing support to the engineering launch team from the resident office.
- Provide technical assessments of the test activity at the CLP and supplier locations. Participate in Test Readiness Reviews, observe testing and report issues and/or results.
- Perform independent investigations at the CLP facilities to identify and report risks to NASA LSP.
- BS Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 15 years engineering experience in design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing
- Atlas and Delta fleet experience in a manufacturing/production environmentdesired.
- Dependable, self-motivated, have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills with standard Microsoft applications and Windows OS
- US citizen and be able to clear National Agency Check.
- Willing to travel periodically