Electronic Repair Technician
Under the close supervision of the Director of IT, this entry level position exists to perform diagnostics, repairs and preventative maintenance upon various generations of inventory counting terminals, scanners, scales, PC's, laptops and related peripheral equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain WIS production equipment by analyzing, diagnosing and component level repair of various generations of hand held Terminals, scanners, scales, printers, PC's, laptops, and other related peripheral equipment.
- Effect repairs to assigned equipment by following established Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and safety standards and procedures.
- Maintain software by installing, configuring and troubleshooting various applications.
- Coordinate repair projects and equipment upgrades by testing new hardware and software as well as by tracking progress on assignments.
- Track each repair service performed by maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Protect company equipment by utilizing proper testing and repair procedures.
- Keep Director of IT and Repair Depot Lead informed by communicating any significant repair trends.
- Must be able to Surface Mount (SMT)
- Through Hole Soldering
- Must be able to read Electronic Schematics
- Must be able to Rework Machine
Normally requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. An electronics certificate, AS degree or equivalent technical training/experience involving the repair of specialized electronic equipment is preferred. A+, Novell, Microsoft certification is a plus.
Normally requires a minimum of six months experience working in a similar electronics repair environment including digital and analog circuitry/electronics, troubleshooting and manual repair skills. The incumbent should also have experience in interpreting schematics/diagrams, as well as interpreting readings from oscilloscopes, multimeters and analyzers.
Ability to manipulate/operate hand tools, soldering equipment, reflow station and electronic test equipment, to read data and information visually from electronic test equipment, and to recognize indications of computer or peripheral equipment mechanical failure/malfunction. Ability to visually distinguish small electronic components and effect repairs, as well as read and follow color codes and schematic drawings.
Browse similar jobs (97)
San Diego, California 92111