We have a part-time opening for a Case Manager.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Essential Job Function
- Schedules and coordinates services to ensure that goals identified via the ISP are maintained and implemented consistently. Provides clinical supervision.
- Monitors, reviews and document the health and safety of all Back 2 Basics residential programs, through completion of monthly inspections and other general observations ongoing.
- Develops resident ISP's and monitors & reviews residential records in accordance with agency quality assurance guidelines and Medicaid Regulations.
- Assures that all agency, local, state and federal policy's and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains positive working relationship with co-workers, supervisor, supervisees, residents, resident family's and the public through effective written and oral communication.
- Receives referrals, completes intake information, and serves on screening committees.
- Intake and discharge.
- Functions as a leader, providing supervision to staff members, who facilitate group process activities with residents within the program. Responsible for helping to develop group schedule and providing information for counselors to teach to residents.
- Maintains acceptable, appropriate and helpful resident interaction, within the residential environment, with respect to the resident's daily activities.
- Maintains and develops service plans, objectives and methods necessary for providing effective treatment services to individual residents.
- Maintains appropriate discipline in the care and supervision of residents and is responsible for the development and implementation of structured activities during assigned work hours.
- Promotes good community relations and utilizes appropriate community resources.
- Assists with counseling decisions concerning residents and with follow-through on those decisions.
- Participates in staff meetings and other staff and group activities essential for the operation of an effective program.
- Works with individual and groups in specific skill areas as designated by the appropriate supervisor.
- Responsible for completing monthly, quarterly, and discharge summaries.
- The person must demonstrate professional skills in the area of group management, counseling and crisis intervention
- A Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work. A baccalaureate degree in social work or psychology with documented field work experience and must be supervised by the program director or other staff employed by the provider with the same qualifications as required by licensing. A Baccalaureate degree and three year of professional experience working with children..
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of life skills counseling techniques, basic residential procedures and appropriate intervention techniques with socially and emotionally maladjusted residents.
- Knowledge of group and individual process skills and group and individual management skills.
- Knowledge of intake and discharge procedures.
- Ability to correspond in writing and orally pertinent resident information.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and relay applicable therapeutic and counseling techniques for individual residents.
- Ability to work within a team model of management.
- Ability to creatively organize and implement a variety of supplemental programs for residents.
- Must be or be able to become, CPR, First Aid, Crisis Wave and Medication certified.
- Must demonstrate a level of basic academic skills necessary to effectively perform the responsibilities of this position.
Browse similar jobs (83)
Full-time, Part-timeRichmond, Virginia 23298
Full-time, Part-time3507 W Cary St
Richmond, Virginia 23221
Full-time, Part-timeRichmond, Virginia 23218