Sales and Purchasing Assistant
We have a full-time opening for a Sales and Purchasing Assistant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
J.M. Thomas Forest Products (JMT) is a highly successful Building Material Distributor serving Retail Lumber Dealers in the Inter-mountain Region. JMT has distribution facilities in Ogden UT, Boise ID, and Denver CO. JMT employs 78 people and sales exceed 100 million in 2017. In addition to the distribution business, JMT offers mill direct brokerage sales.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Seeking a dependable & energetic candidates with a verifiable work history that can assist with purchasing and sales related tasks. Other projects will be assigned as required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales, Works, Purchase Order entry
- Report Creation and follow up
- Pricing & Purchasing Management
- Spreadsheet work
- General Customer Service/Assist with Sales Calls
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Building Material Industry Experience
- Solid Computer Literacy (MS Office, Windows, etc)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Must possess the natural ability to get measurable results with and through others.
- Must help establish strong partnerships with customers and suppliers
- Must be tough and competitive, but employ only ethical and professional tactics.
- Must support the JMT philosophy of a no excuses and results orientated attitude.
- Must have the ability to think on one's feet
- Must be decisive and possess a high level of intensity and professionalism.
- Must have a commitment to professional growth and development.
- Must be able to think for him or herself and make good decisions.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Must be innovative, bringing insightful ideas to the job.
- Must have building material industry related experience.
We offer a clean & safe work environment, competitive starting salary and benefits including Medical, Life/AD&D, Vacation, 401(k) and much more.
Shifts = Days M-F 8am-5:00pm (Full time)
Annual Salary Range: $14 - $20/Hour DOQ