The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations, broiler and sauté stations, or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chefs, MOD or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assume all responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Operations, General Manager and Upper Management and all other duties required to fulfill client needs and requests.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III.
- Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
Statement of Understanding:
I have read this job description and understand its contents. I also understand this job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with my position. I further understand that my employment is at will, and thereby understand that my employment may be terminated at will by Rock Garden / 1951 West / Comfort Suites or myself with or without notice.
Comfort Suites Aaaw Enterprises Of Green Bay Inc.