Shift Leader - Wally's
In coordination with General and Assistant Managers, provide leadership and guidance to hourly staff in specific areas of the restaurant during scheduled shifts. A Shift Leader must be able to perform all job functions of each crew position, including customer service, product preparation, cash accountability, drive-thru and back-line food preparation. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the management of specific areas of restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Ensure that restaurant is properly organized and staffed as designated by written schedule through proper job assignments, break rotation and delegation of tasks during both peak and non-peak periods.
- Conduct orientation, training and evaluation of crew members in all functional areas.
- Assist hourly employees at the point of sale in the execution of product promotions.
- Ensures guest service in all areas meets applicable standards for quality, value and cleanliness.
- Handle minor customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problem and make determination when to report to management team on more serious complaints.
- May contribute in the execution of the restaurant’s business plan through specific job assignments and projects as determined by the management team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all cash accountability reports on assigned shifts.
- Able to perform the duties of all other non-management positions.
- Informs immediate supervision promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the management team.
- Supervise the operation of specific areas of the restaurant, providing direction and leadership to crew members, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the success of the restaurant by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to company standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness.
- Work to establish a professional working relationship with all restaurant employees to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Communicate all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Three or more months of restaurant experience as an hourly employee strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- Must be capable of supervising specific areas of the business in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must exhibit and use good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.