Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef
- High school degree or equivalent in appropriate experience and/or certifications.
- Ability to work necessary hours including week ends and holidays.
- Ability and desire to withstand prolonged periods of standing
- Good vision and fine motor skills needed for using cutting instruments such as knives for cutting and slicing.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Position Summary: The position prepares salads and cold food items, and sandwiches in accordance to recipes and accepted standards.
- Serves as a positive role model by:
- Adhering to the same standards of service and behavior that peers are required to uphold
- Maintaining a positive and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Working with peers to meet member’s needs.
- Participates in the operations of the kitchen by:
- Washing and cutting mixed greens for daily usage.
- Cleaning and cutting fresh fruit for daily usage.
- Preparing sandwiches.
- Notifying the supervisor of overages and shortages.
- Assisting, preparing and assembling hors d’oeuvres as needed.
- Covering, dating and rotating all food items.
- Following standard recipes for all items.
- Keeping work areas sanitized and neat.
- Keeping equipment sanitized.
- Assisting with other duties as needed.
- Continually upgrades services by:
- Ensuring high quality of menu items produced.
- Maintaining production areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Keeping work and storage areas neat, clean and organized.
Results on which performance will be evaluated but are not limited to:
- Being attentive to the needs of the members.
- Works as a team.
- Maintaining good hygiene and professional appearance.
Service is at GPYC: “if it needs doing, and you are physically capable, then do it.”
“Never to say - - - - “it’s not my job” to a member, co-worker, supervisor or manager, if what is being asked, may be outside our normal job duties”.
All candidates must show proof that they are eligible to work in the US, and pass all pre-employment drug screening and background checks.