Material Handling Specialist (Forklift Operator)
To Apply - Please visit http://www.vijon.com/careers/
We have a full-time opening for a Material Handling Specialist (Forklift Operator).
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Vi-Jon is one of the nation's oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team - the Vi-Jon team. POSITION SUMMARY: Operates gasoline, liquefied gas or electric powered industrial equipment with lift devices, forklift and clamps to push, pull, lift, stack, or move products. Loads, unloads, and moves materials within the plant or work site. Support production lines with needed components. Remove and locate finished goods from production floor. Receives, stores, and distributes materials, finished goods, and products within the company guidelines. Ensures all counts and paperwork is accurate and timely. Counts articles to verify contents of receiving against Bill of Lading. Ensures freight carrier signs the original Bill of Lading in accordance with the warehouse SOP's. FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Behavior: Team player qualities of cooperation and coordination, professional interaction with all business contact all day, every day.
- Attendance: Exceptional attendance is a mandatory requirement.
- Safety: Comply with all requirements of the safety program, including: hazard recognition, housekeeping, accident and near miss reporting, proper use of all safety equipment and procedures, adherence to all Safety Rules. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Position forks, lifting platforms, and other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, finished goods, and transports them to staging area or on to a trailer.
- Unloads trailer and goods by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Maintains forklift and request maintenance with in company guidelines.
- Provide components (bottles, caps, shippers, etc) to the Production Lines as needed to support line speeds.
- Remove all finished goods from production floor in a timely manner to avoid back ups on the floor.
- Must possess ability for computer data entry. Enters warehouse paperwork on an as-needed basis (receivers, relocators, etc.)
- Operator is responsible to verify all part codes and counts while removing finished goods and components from production area.
- Unwinds plastic stretch wrap and secures pallet load to the pallet.
- Ensures proper unloading of all trailer and correct counts are given to the Receiving Clerk.
- Ensures ACCURATE COUNTS.
- Maintains a clean and functional warehouse.
- Unloads inbound freight carriers and ensures accurate counts and product identification and locating of product in storage location.
- Ensures accuracy of ALL paperwork and submit to the warehouse office in a timely manner.
- Examines articles for defects, dirt, and other detriments according to company policies.
- Put microhold stickers on product in microhold and locate to correct bin.
- Reports all problems with equipment and the building to the shift supervisor.
Marginal Functions: None identified. Physical Activities: Sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting, talking, hearing. Physical Demands: Lifting pallets up to 60 lbs. by hand, stacking finished good cases on a pallet up to 30 lbs./ case by hand, replacing stretch film into the automatic wrapper up to 30 lbs. by hand, and moving pallets of products weighing up to 2000 lbs. with a forklift. Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus. Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to temperatures significantly high or low to cause marked bodily discomfort. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as moving mechanical parts, working on scaffolding, and high places. Warehouse conditions include temperatures ranging from the 30's (typically 40 F degrees in cold weather conditions, with appropriate clothing provided) to the 90's F (in hot weather conditions). Estimate time exposure to warehouse condition is 30%.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge: Requires the ability to read and understand instructions, write, add and subtract. Knowledge of appropriate forklift regulations and safety rules is mandatory. Experience: Desired experience is a minimum of one year consumer goods narrow aisle warehouse forklift operator experience, including the completion of shipping documents and data entry. Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Forklift Truck, Computer and related programs. License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Forklift operator certification.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.
Hiring Location is 130 Maddox Road Mount Juliet, TN