Warehouse CSA Line Team Member
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative is a nonprofit organic farmers’ cooperative of over 100 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high-quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small scale family farms. LFFC serves all of Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, and most of the tri state area by connecting the farmer and customer, delivering the best local organic produce, value added products, and humanely raised and pastured animal products to retail establishments, co-ops, restaurants, and institutions.
The purpose of this job is to pack CSA boxes accurately and carefully while ensuring the highest quality of end product. This position is a seasonal position allowing for part time (less than 25 hours) up to full time hours (40 hours). Great opportunities for college students, teachers and anyone interested in working in an upbeat environment with good people.
• Sorts and packs produce into CSA boxes or bags ensuring product quality and package appearance meet CSA packing requirements.
• Ensures proper placement of product in CSA box
• Places product ID labels and pallet tags on received product
• Communicates any receiving discrepancies or quality control issues to Receiving Lead
• Makes sure products are properly stored in the CSA box
• Safeguards proper handling requirements of food product
• Supports the monitoring of product quality
• Maintains and adheres to food safety policies and practices
• Follows safe work practices and maintains a safe work area
• Enjoys being a part of a team environment as well as being a team player
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
• Good hand dexterity for sorting produce.
• Detail oriented, exact and accurate.
• Effective communication skills.
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors for grading produce.
• Able to lift up 50 + lb boxes
• Computer skills working with scanners
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to clearly convey information
• Capacity to stand for long period of time
• Work in a refrigerated warehouse environment
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties, not listed here, may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.