ON Call Kitchen Assitant
We have a part-time opening for a ON Call Kitchen Assitant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
TEC’s Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE), is seeking a self-motivated individual for the position of (On Call) Kitchen Assistant to work in our kitchen incubator. The CCE assists small and scaling food businesses with access to licensed and certified production kitchen space, storage, business and product technical assistance, wholesale contract procurement opportunities.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the daily cleaning, organization, upkeep, and Member support at the CCE. Specific duties include maintaining clean and organized production kitchens, storage spaces, scullery and bathrooms throughout the day, as well as following several quality assurance procedures for Member time management, small wares equipment rental, temperature, deliveries, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing and signing off on all necessary daily tasks and side work duties.
- Assisting Members when needed, especially with Member storage assistance, providing small wares, and answering any questions about the equipment or the facility.
- Assist in ensuring a high level of health, safety, cleanliness, food hygiene and safe working practices are followed by all CCE clients and their staff.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- It is expected that you work with a sense of urgency, positivity, and hospitality to our clients!
Recommended qualifications are as follows:
- 1-3+ years experience in the food or hospitality industry
- Serv Safe certified
- Familiarity with kitchen and culinary equipment
- Strong working knowledge of proper cleaning methods and facility operations
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety regulations for a kitchen facility
- Ability to work with people from a range of educational, socioeconomic, and racial backgrounds.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old