Cook Huddle House Suffolk
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Cook Huddle House Suffolk.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- No experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Wage: Varies with Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
About Huddle House: Huddle House was founded in 1964 by John Sparks. Having already opened a few restaurants under various names, he needed a great name for his restaurant chain. One evening in Decatur, Georgia, he saw a boy meeting friends after football practice holding his helmet in one hand and a football in the other. It looked as if the group were "huddled up" talking and laughing together. It was at that moment he decided that Huddle House was the perfect name for the restaurant chain and it would be the place where folks would gather, or "huddle up," for great food and good times after Friday night football games. So, with its new name, was born. Huddle House is proud to have served guests "Any Meal. Any Time." for over 45 years and looks forward to serving you for many years to come.
* Prepare high quality, delicious food following all local and brand food safety procedures and brand recipes.
* Report to work on time in a clean and complete proper uniform with a positive attitude ready to work. Remember a smile is part of the uniform.
* Greet all customers with a smile and a verbal GREETING- GOOD MORNING OR WELCOME TO HUDDLEHOUSE or some similar, approved by supervisor personalized greeting.
* Operate a grill, fryer, waffle iron, toaster, two eye stove, microwave and convection over properly and safely.
* Be able to prepare all food and read tickets using proper, approved abbreviations in a timely manner.
* Complete the position checklist while stocking and preparing the unit for the next shift.
* Using all tools provided by the manager keep the store clean at all times, including but not limited to work station, bussing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning kitchen, storerooms, parking lot, dumpster area, bathrooms and walls.
* Bring all items of concern to the attention of the manager immediately, especially safety concerns and customer service complaints.
* Know the menu, the daily features when applicable, and how to prepare each item correctly according to cook/server manual and the HTG program.
* Know your duties and the duties of coworkers to maximize teamwork throughout the day.
* Know and follow the Huddle House steps of service with each and every guest to maximize shift sales.
* Practice all rules for safety food handling, cash security and all other restaurant policies.
Cook Required Qualifications:
* Cooks must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
* Must be able to interact with all members of the staff and customers.
* Must be able to perform basic mathematic computations-addition and subtraction, measuring and fractions * High School Diploma or completion of a GED (preferred)
* Ability to communicate effectively with all hourly associates, supervisors and customers.
* Ability to cover all shifts during the normal operation of the unit (24 hours a day)
Browse similar jobs (1)
Suffolk, Virginia 23434