We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Administrative Assistant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Administrative Assistant - Will be required to perform a wide range administrative and office support activities for a small manufacturing office environment. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, and filing. Extensive data entry skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Proficient typing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- High school degree or equivalent
- communication skills - written and verbal
- attention to detail and accuracy
- customer service orientation