We have a part-time opening for a Laundry Attendant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- No experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Responsible for any assigned tasks associated with the normal flow of washing, repair, pickup and delivery, tracking and inventory of uniforms and other laundry items. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager, and will also provide support in bottling retail products, general warehouse activities and housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities are not limited to, but include the following:
- Maintain accurate records of laundry inventory items, damage and mending, and flow to and from each facility in computerized inventory management program.
- Pick up, deliver, load, unload and track incoming and outgoing laundry shipments.
- Wash, dry, fold, and mend clothing and uniforms. Record damage mending records.
- Prepare cleaned laundy for delivery to appropriate facility.
- Maintain laundry equipment and cleanliness as well as general housekeeping for the Commericial Drive facility.
* Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Bottle and package retail products as directed.
- Run errands and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Be proactive and strictly follow all Company safety and other policies and procedures.
- Relate exceptionally well to staff at all levels and have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism in all activities and situations.
- Demonstrate a consistent and reliable work ethic by adhering to work schedules and utilizing time efficiently in order complete assigned tasks within defined deadlines.
- Accomplish assigned tasks with moderate supervision and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with a self-starter such as finding work to do between direct assignments, follow through with tasks, and take ownership and pride in work performed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to sew and perform basic mending of clothing and uniforms. Experience using a sewing machine is a plus.
- Experience in laundry inventory control, warehouse procedures, and an understanding of inventory control and the importance of adherence to procedures.
- Ability to operate laundry equipment and bottling equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ability to organize stock and equipment, and maintain a clean working environment.
- Organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi task several items.
- Intermediate skill level in basic computer operation and Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Type 30 to 50 words per minute and ten key 50 to 70 key strokes per minute.
- General knowledge of local area and city streets.
- Perform basic math including; simple calculations, using fractions, and percents
- Understand and follow multi-step written or oral instructions.
- Able to read, legibly write, speak and understand the English language and follow directions
- Able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 months prior experience in general warehouse and inventory control procedures.
- Forklift operation & training perferred.
- Valid Alaska Driver's license and good driving record & must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical so as to be able to drive a box truck.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.