Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance to banquet managers in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
• Set up banquet room as requested by the supervisor to include glassware, serviceware, and linen.
• Attend roll call meetings before events start in order to learn function particulars, including hotel and guest expectations.
• Greet and welcome guests and respond to their requests in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Serve the beverage and food in the appropriate order and in tune with the expectation of the supervisor so as to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
• Quickly remove dishes as guests finish each meal at the end of each meal or function.
• Abide by all corporate act, laws and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
• Replenish beverages when necessary, and check with guests to make sure they are satisfied.
• After the banquet, reset banquet room in accordance with the supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for other functions.
• Follow attendance rules and always go to work on a regular basis.
• Perform other related functions that may be assigned.
• Hospitality experience preferred.
• Must be willing to relate cordially with other members of the team and help co-workers with their job duties.
• Must have basic knowledge of service standards, guest relations, food and beverage preparations as well as etiquette.