POSITION TITLE: MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MANAGEMENT/FRANCHISEE
The Manager performs and directs overall restaurant management. Directs staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Recruits staff and oversees training program. Responsible for inventory and money control systems – may establish inventory schedules. Responsible for local marketing initiatives – may contact prospective customers to promote sales. Maintains business records. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes and posts the staff work schedules.
- Recruits, rewards and terminates staff as needed.
- Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual. Analyzes business records to increase sales.
- Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
- Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
- Plans special events and promotions.
- Completes University of SUBWAY® courses as directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Experience & Skills: A minimum of two (2) years in a restaurant environment, experience in supervising and training staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
POSITION TITLE: STORE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DISTRICT MANAGER II
Coordinates and supports all activities within the store, recruits, hires, trains, coaches, supports staff, plans and sets business goals, focuses on in-store issues.
- Provides leadership to staff in the restaurant to ensure compliance with standards as set in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual and applicable government regulations.
- Performs yearly reviews with all personnel.
- Works with staff to achieve sales and efficiency goals, by using available reports to identify opportunities.
- Ensures that correct operational procedures are followed and takes corrective disciplinary action if necessary.
- Coaches and trains assistant managers and shift managers for operational excellence, helps to develop new hire orientation programs and rewards programs, monitors training processes to ensure quality training of employees. Develops and maintains staffing levels for store. Implements employee training.
- Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
- Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience Minimum one year directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills The individual should have basic knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally, while being able to lift 31-50 pounds now and then.
- Must hold Food Protection Manager Certification.
- Must have a car and maintain a reliable and timely source of transportation at all times.
- Must be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Must have a working telephone at all times. Cell phone is a must.
- Must answer all calls pertaining to stores.
- Must be able to work any day of the week, day or night.
Dress Code Store Managers are required to abide by the current dress code established by the Company: For men – dress pants (khaki) and closed toed and closed heeled shoes, SUBWAY® approved polo shirt or button up shirt. Hat must be worn if working in food prep area or on sandwich line. For women – dress slacks (khaki) and closed toed and closed heeled shoes, SUBWAY® approved polo shirt or button up shirt. Hat must be worn if working in food prep area or on sandwich line.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Subline Corporation has created a work environment, compensation and benefits program, and an interactive culture that we believe foster positive work relationships. We support promotion from within and foster an entrepreneurial spirit through which every team member personally contributes to the Company’s success. Subline Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, hires on the basis of qualifications and ability. We reward our team with challenging environment that encourages team members to learn, grow, and “not get lost in the shuffle.” We also make a continuous and diligent effort to openly communicate to our employee’s pertinent plans and information relative to our industry and the ongoing direction of our Company.
STORE MANAGER is required to work scheduled shifts in supervised Subway stores for a minimum of 40 hours per week.
In the event that a restaurant is short staffed due to termination, vacation, illness, etc. the STORE MANAGER is responsible to run the restaurant until an acceptable replacement is found.
STORE MANAGER is required to make routine visits to their store throughout the week, including evenings and weekends. During these visits, they should check to see that all Company standards are being maintained in the following areas:
- customer satisfaction
- quality and availability of product
- food safety
- cash-in (cash/bread balancing)
- efficient scheduling, banking procedures
- hours of operation
- accuracy of paperwork
- uniform compliance
- completion of all required checklists
- any other Subway area of Compliance
- Must exhibit proper opening and closing procedures and are open all posted hours of business. Must also exhibit all product preparation procedures and the proper formulas.
- Must ensure all paperwork and or reports required by franchise and owner are completed on time and are accurate.
- i.e. inventory and payroll documents, Temperature logs, compliance checklists, food safety checklists, Fuze tea logs and documentation of employee discipline.
- Must ensure all staff is being trained properly and according to franchise standards. Must also perform quarterly
evaluations with each staff member and maintain a proper evaluation schedule.
- Must ensure all purchasing / product handling is being done properly on a weekly basis.
- Must ensure all counting and reporting of inventory is accurate on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for all cash management (daily receipts / daily bank deposits / daily cash audits).
- Must meet weekly with Immediate Supervisor and attend any necessary company meetings.
- Must hold regular staff meetings (at least once a month) and relay all necessary pertinent promotional information to staff.
- Responsible for all shifts and maintaining proper staffing at all times. If an employee fails to show up for a shift,
it is the Manager’s responsibility to make sure that an adequate replacement is found or cover that shift him/herself.
- Management is expected to work 40-45 hours/week.
- Management must discipline all employees when necessary and turn in the proper documentation accordingly.
- Must hold ongoing training sessions with staff and test their knowledge frequently.
- Must keep up on all required franchise training, i.e. University of Subway, Subway Seminars, and Food Manager Certification.
- Must ensure compliance with all local, state and county health laws.
- Responsible for maintaining all costs at profitable levels and they are not to exceed their cap rates.
- Responsible for marketing and promoting the store in the local trade area.
- Responsible for maintaining full compliance as per SUBWAY®’s compliance standards.
- If a Manager is delegating any tasks or responsibilities to other management staff or employees, it is still the Manager’s
responsibility to ensure all tasks and reports are being completed accurately and on time.
- It is most important to understand that the responsibilities of a SUBWAY® Manager are only and everything necessary to keep the overall operations running at the highest possible standards.
The following should be your top priorities and should be emphasized to your staff:
- -Provide good GUEST SERVICE
- -To serve a QUALITY PRODUCT
- -To have a CLEAN RESTAURANT
-Always have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE