Assistant Store Manager - Destination MaternityOverview:
The Role of an Assistant Store Manager for Destination Maternity
The Assistant Store Manager is a key member of the store leadership team in the Destination Maternity Store. Working closely with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will embody all aspects of the Company vision and mission including being fanatical about brands, our customer, and our people, resulting in increased value to our shareholders, and the communities where we live and work. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assuming the responsibility of the Store Manager in his/her absence and will lead our unique, multi-brand setting with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive for success and continue to create the ideal shopping environment for our Mom2Be.
* Make our Mom2Be the center of attention. Surprise her with our high caliber service level to establish a meaningful connection and lasting relationship with our Mom2Be.
* Listen, teach and inform the client about our unique multi-brand environment, and all brands and products.
* Support the Store Manager with leading and coaching the team to effectively connect with and educate our Mom2Be.
* Embody a brand culture that engages and excites team and our Mom2Be.
* Uphold visual and operational excellence. Work with Store Manager and store team to make thoughtful store based decisions that meet Company expectations and will support overall client experience.
* Support the SM to actively network, recruit and seek top talent. Build relationships with professional network; internal partners in the Company and external partners in shopping center and/or professional network.
* Assist in the development and succession planning of the store team; continue to develop personal sales and leadership techniques.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all merchandise in the store, coach store team on all aspects of product knowledge, including brand information and differences, styling tips, fabrications and key features and benefits of our multi-brand product assortment.
* In partnership with the SM, utilize company tools, policies and procedures to ensure coaching and feedback is in line with the company and position competencies.
* Build repeat business and maximize traffic by delivering an exceptional client experience. Discuss successes and opportunities with Store Manager.
* Communicate business opportunities, client feedback, and store needs to Store Manager.
* Support the Store Manager with overseeing the financial aspects of the store including payroll, budgets, expenses, and inventory.
* Frequently open and/or close and run operations of the store independently during shift.
* A minimum of 2-4 years retail management experience required. Specialty or fashion apparel experience preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to work independently, including in a single coverage environment.
* Understand business metrics.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated, independent leader.
* Ability to understand the importance of optimizing payroll, creating and effective schedule based on high traffic business timeframes.
* Ability to be mobile in a store including standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching and/or twisting for up to 8 hours or more per day.
* Simple grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying things that weigh up to 40 pounds.
Destination Maternity Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to hire, train, pay, offer benefits, terminate, transfer, and promote individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by law.
Destination Maternity (LinkUp)