Assist with efficient management of operations, merchandise presentation, inventory control, and training. Ensure a safe working environment while providing for the protection of company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage store in Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager's absence.
- Assist with directing the flow and stocking of merchandise; unload trucks.
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with training and scheduling Associates.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to learn and perform cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Two years of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Must be able to work a flexible retail schedule between 40-45 hours per week
At least 2 year previous retail supervisory experience required