Certified Nursing Assistant/ In-Home Aide
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Certified Nursing Assistant/ In-Home Aide.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Council on Aging in Union County is a private non-profit agency supporting people age 60 and over. The In-Home services program is looking to hire a part time or full time In-Home aide to help seniors stay in their homes safely.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance with household chores that the senior can not complete on their own. This includes mopping, cleaning bathrooms, changing the sheets on beds, etc.
- Assist clients with personal care tasks such as bathing, grooming, toileting, or dressing.
- Provide respite care, be responsible for clients that may not be able to be left alone due to cognitive or physical decline.
Job Benefits include:
- A set schedule will be maintained from week to week making it easier to schedule other responsibilities.
- Clients are scheduled Monday-Friday, business hours. No weekend or holidays.
- In-Home aides are reimbursed for their mileage for their work schedule. This includes when the aide is traveling from one client's home to the next as well as when we provide errand assistance for clients.
- Aide will work in a supportive environment with other aides that have been with the agency for an average of over 7 years.
- Be registered as a CNA in the state of North Carolina
- Have a valid drivers license, insurance and a reliable mode of transportation as the aide will have to travel to multiple clients in the same day
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work well independently and without constant supervision
- Be able to complete all required paperwork in a timely and orderly fashion
- Be trustworthy
- Have experience working with older adults clients with memory loss
- Feel comfortable driving throughout the county
Job Type: Part-time/ Full-time
Salary: $9.00 /hour
- Home Care: 1 year
- CNA: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver's License