Sheet Metal Mechanic
We have a full-time opening for a Sheet Metal Mechanic.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Wage: $18-22 per hour
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Sheet Metal Mechanic - HELP WANTED
Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. Includes sheet metal duct installers who install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes. REQUIREMENTS:
- We are looking to add an experienced, dependable, and professional Sheet Metal Mechanics for long term jobs in Virginia, Maryland and DC.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Experience with: Square and spiral duct, VAV boxes, grills, louvers, dampers, tie-in transitions, setting hang; measure, cut, bend and form metal components to their precise shapes and fasten them into a finished product. Use equipment tools and machines to cut metal parts; Inspect and fabricate parts together using, nuts, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, or y welding or soldering.
- Proficiency with blueprint reading and layout.
- Select types of sheet metal or nonmetallic material; Measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets; Install metal sheets with supportive frameworks.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites; Maneuver large parts to be installed, and anchor the parts; Fasten seams or joints, bolting, or riveting.
- Customer Service: Sheet metal workers installing ductwork in people's homes or businesses will need to be personable and friendly when dealing with customers & other trades.
- Dexterity: Hand-eye coordination and having nimble fingers is necessary when installing sheet metal.
- Valid Driver's License and your own transportation.
- Your own PPE (Hard hat, safety glasses, boots, work gloves) and basic hand tools. Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- 401(k) Savings Plan with match (automatic with wage scale projects)
- Health Insurance (voluntary)
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance (voluntary)
- Uniform shirts
- Vacation Benefits
- Direct Deposit
Please fax your resume to 410-296-7072 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Resumes must be in PDF or Word format only) Hourly rate is $18.00 to $22.00 per hour based on experience. ***Please NO phone calls***