We have a part-time opening for a AutoCAD Drafter.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Position Summary: Fred Wahl Marine is seeking a career oriented CAD Technician to join our engineering team. This is a long term position that will require the use of an array of software, including AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, and ShipConstuctor.
- Trade School or an Associate's Degree in related field preferred.
- AutoCAD experience using recent releases and able to produce 2D and 3D shop drawings.
- Proficiency in developing shop drawings and detailed setup drawings.
- Knowledge of basic fabrication practices.
- Knowledge of a variety of construction and finish materials including metals, plastics, fabrics, woods, and laminates.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Skills geared towards engineering and design for production.
- 2D and 3D Structural Design
- 2D System schematics
Knowledge of the following software:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook)
- Rhino preferred (not required but preferred)
- Ship Constructor (not required but preferred)
- Develop 3D boat structural models.
- Create 2D structural part and construction assembly drawings for production.
- Develop 2D & 3D system arrangements.
- Create 2D electrical schematics.
- Populate nesting software with developed parts.
- Modifying 2D Drawings and 3D Models with any changes that may occur throughout vessel construction.
- Provide final structural and systems weight to engineers upon modeling completion.
Fred Wahl Marine Construction