Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Serves as the primary cook for all meals other than those prepared by the Pizza Chef.
2. Prepares and oversees the preparation of all food orders, ensuring quality and efficiency.
3. Maintains the kitchen to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
4. Supervises and delegates responsibilities and tasks to kitchen staff.
5. Participates in the screening and decision to hire members of the kitchen staff.
6. Trains, coaches and evaluates the performance of members of the kitchen staff.
7. May recommend to upper management the firing of staff members.
8. Exhibits leadership and promotes teamwork and flexibility among staff.
9. Restocks or oversees the restocking of the sub table daily.
10. Monitors food stocks and inventory and prepares and places orders for replacements.
11. Processes delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
12. May personally greet customers and assist the counter with order-taking
13. Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves and removing trash, etc., or delegating these responsibilities.
14. Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
15. May supervise and oversee delivery drivers in the absence of a Delivery Supervisor.
16. May supervise and oversee wait staff in the absence of a Dining Room Manager.
17. In the absence of a Restaurant Manager or owner, may be accountable for the entire operation of the restaurant.
18. Performs other duties or roles as assigned by upper management or the owner.
* Reports to the Restaurant Manager.
* No supervisory responsibilities but does direct the work of the prep cook as to ensure sufficient stock of food items necessary to perform his/her job on a daily basis.
* Interacts occasionally with customers
* Interacts with vendors, suppliers and Health Department officials
Qualifications and Credentials
* High school diploma preferred
* 2-3 years of relevant cooking experience in a high volume restaurant is required
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Able to effectively communicate verbally
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand recipes, menus, food orders, packing slips, etc.
* Able to hear and speak effectively
* Able to taste and smell and accurately identify color (not colorblind)
* Able to sense degrees of temperature
* Frequently stands for long durations
* Able to walk while carrying and balancing food and beverages
* Able to bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
3. Computer Skills
* No specific computer skills required
The Line Cook works in a busy, commercial kitchen. Subject to extremes in temperature and humidity. Exposed to sharp blades, commercial mixers, heating elements and scalding water. Lighting is moderate. Noise levels are moderate to loud.
Line Cooks work full-time or part-time depending on the company's needs and the employee's schedule. Work schedules may vary and may involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on weekends. May be asked to assist in opening or closing the restaurant, which involves extended hours.