Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
2. Opens doors for entering/exiting guests whenever possible.
3. Seat guests based on their preferences and balancing customer flow in server sections.
4. Ask guest if they have children in their party, if so how many, and if they need a high chair/booster seat.
5. When immediate seating is unavailable, record guest names, and number of people in party.
6. When on wait, provide guests with estimated waiting time and page guests when tables become available.
7. Walk guest to table with menus and lunch specials when appropriate.
8. Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
9. Between seating's, assist in cleaning table tops, chairs and booths.
10. Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server or manager as needed.
11. Communicate with server to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
12. Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
13. Keep host area, floors, door glass, and window panels clean.
14. Clean restrooms and maintain throughout the shift.
15. Clean Menus at the beginning and end of the shift.
16. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager/immediate supervisor.
17. Maintains a positive, supportive work environment via effective, professional communication with co-workers.
18. Supports and follows all company policies, procedures and programs.
19. Promotes good business principles by never discussing company business in public areas or with customers.
20. Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
21. Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
22. Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the store.
23. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
* Reports to the Dining Room Supervisor or Restaurant Manager.
* Interacts regularly with customers, either by phone or face-to-face
Qualifications and Credentials
* High school diploma preferred (or in process of being attained).
* Customer service experience preferred.
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Able to effectively communicate verbally with customers
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to hear and speak effectively in noisy environments
* Frequently stands for long durations
* Able to bend, lift and carry up to 25 pound
Hosts/Wait Assistants work in or near a busy, commercial kitchen and busy, fast-paced dining room. Noise levels are moderate to loud. Climate is subject to change from hot to cold.
Hosts/Wait Assistants may work full or part-time schedules. Work schedules vary and will involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on weekends. Hosts/Wait assistants may be called in on short notice.
Browse similar jobs (34)
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320