General Manager - Now Interviewing!
The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of their assigned restaurant. Key responsibility areas include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and development, training and retention of key Warriors (Employees). The manager is responsible to work actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals.
- Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the
- Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Utilize the Mystery Shopper and Comment Card programs to develop guest oriented quality, service, and cleanliness action plans to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all safety and security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of Warriors and Fans.
- Ensure monthly safety meetings are conducted and recommendations are acted upon as appropriate.
- Ensure secure, safe handling and transportation of funds.
- Support and implement the Company local store marketing programs.
- Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant and maintenance of Genghis Grill’s theme and format.
Food Preparation & Production
- Ensure that all food items are prepped according to recipe and presented in a format acceptable within Food Manual boundaries.
- Utilize food production and inventory tools available to support this responsibility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures.
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Purchase food products within established guidelines. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
- *Fans (Customers) and Warriors (Employees)
- Respond to guest comments and criticism in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest count. Educate and empower subordinate managers and warriors to act in a similar capacity.
- Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for Warriors and Fans.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Training Manual and Operations Manual.
- Conduct regular warrior/departmental meetings, utilizing tools provided by the
- Corporate office.
- Ensure Warriors receive timely and meaningful performance reviews.
- Administer counseling and discipline to Warriors as necessary.
Staffing and Building Great Teams
- Staff restaurant with quality Warriors who value guest service and are committed to high standards of performance.
- Utilize established methods for interviewing and reference checks using tools provided by the support office.
- Orient all new hires utilizing company Training Manual and support materials.
- Provide training and recognition to Warriors at all levels and maintain a team oriented environment.
- Work within established guidelines and policies for training and development of
- Select and develop management, promote and coach internal candidates. Review staffing and succession plans with Director of Operations.
- Learn Khan’s Kulture and implement Khan’s Kulture on a daily basis!
Administration and Auditing
- Responsible for helping Corporate office in forecasting and generating restaurant annual budget. Maximize profit opportunities by developing realistic budgets.
- Analyze monthly operating statements and determine reasons for variances.
- Manage operational expenses to maximize profit potential.
- Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Responsible to maintain labor efficiency ratios to ensure fan service and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for restaurant P&L performance.
- Oversee all restaurant administrative requirements including cash handling, completion of incident reports, governmental compliance, i.e., OSHA posting requirements, federal, state and local labor law postings, manager’s Shift Report, invoicing, etc.
- Ensure all reports, documentation, and other information required by corporate office are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all employee files. Ensure that required documentation is complete and accurate within personnel files.
- Coordinate miscellaneous projects as needed, or as directed by their Director of
- Operations or the Corporate office.
- Participate in Companywide events and activities to help build brand recognition and create fan loyalty.
- Must attend weekly manager meetings at the corporate office.
- Education: High School or equivalent. Course work in restaurant management would help as well.
- 3 plus years prior professional experience in the restaurant industry desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures, computer operations.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.