We have a full-time opening for a Controller.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 5 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Waseyabek Development Company, LLC (WDC) is seeking qualified candidates to work as our Controller and Financial Analyst.
The Controller & Financial Analyst is a member of the Executive Management Team and will work closely with the CEO. This executive is accountable for the organization's fiscal operating results and will provide information to the CEO for presentation to the Board of Directors and Tribal Council. The Controller & Financial Analyst is accountable for the accounting operations of WDC, will handle day-to-day financial input, output and payroll. Will provide financial analysis and modeling, balance sheet management, and profitability analysis to the Executive team. Ensure reliable, accurate and transparent financial reporting that is compliant with all Tribal, local, state and Federal requirements. The Controller & Financial Analyst will provide financial oversight of operating and passive investment portfolio. The Controller & Financial Analyst will work with the CEO on long-term strategy, mergers and acquisitions.
- Develop for CEO approval: Strategy for fiscal control, profitability planning, risk management and investment portfolio
- Insures all transactions are recorded in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles GAAP and DCAA regulations where appropriate
- Work with the CEO to provide the financial portion of the strategic planning framework and devise and maintain a system to track, monitor, and assess adherence to plan
- Coordinate chart of accounts refinement
- Assure consistent accounting practices and principles are applied at both the parent company and subsidiary level
- Maintain a documented system of accounting records, practices and internal controls
- Process all day to day invoicing, cash management, cash receipt and deposit, expense reimbursement and accounts payable/vendor payment activity for WDC and subsidiary companies
- Perform general accounting duties including payroll, accounts payable and receivable
- Manage and reconcile all general ledger accounts monthly
- Maintain WDC and subsidiary books and financial records
- Comply with DCAA regulations and Federal Practice
- Prepare and issue timely and complete consolidated monthly financial statements and Board finance reports
- Calculate and report WDC and subsidiary financial performance compared to budgeted amounts and key operational metrics
- Analyze and explain significant actual vs. budgeted/target results
- Establish contract billing rates for Federal contracting
- Investment and acquisition financial analysis, options and performance
- Accounting-related assistance with due diligence including budgeting and market research
- Coordinate supplying all information requested by WDC's external auditors to complete the annual audit
- Prepare the annual budget and issue periodic financial forecasts
- Generate all applicable reports for corporate, the Tribe and Board of Directors; assuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Waseyabek Development Company is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website for job listing.