To prepare food in accordance with all Chili’s Grill & Bar specifications and company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
• Prepares a variety food, with diverse methods of preparation and adheres to specific product prep and handling procedures and plate presentation.
• Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
• Prepares food in accordance with all Chili’s Grill & Bar specifications and maintains a high quality and consistent product.
• Maintains cleanliness throughout the kitchen. Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
• Keeps prepared food continuously flowing out of the kitchen.
• Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the QA, manager and servers as necessary.
• Completes assigned pre-work to stock and set up stations as necessary.
• Breaks down, and cleans station or work area at end of shift.
• Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks product to par.
• Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
• Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
• Performs calmly and effectively under pressure. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other Team Members to foster and promote a cooperative working climate, which will be conducive to maximum Team Member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
• Portrays a favorable image of Chili’s Grill & Bar at all times.
• Lifts and carries up to 70lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
• Frequent bending and stooping.
• Stands 100% of shift.
• Works frequently in damp, hot work environment.
• Works with an open flame.
• Uses sharp knives and utensils.
• May use slicers or other kitchen machinery.
• Able to hold items with hands (knives, pans) for extended periods of time, with up to 5 lbs of weight.
• Ability to read tickets.
• Prepares food items to order following established recipes and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
• Cleans work areas and all equipment used in food preparation
• Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices
• Restocks food supplies and takes inventory when required
• Able to lift 25 lbs multiple times a day
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Fluent English-Speaking and Writing Skills
• Previous Prep or Line Cook Experience
• Exhibit a sense of urgency
• Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
• Willingness to work on your feet
• Highly collaborative nature
• Basic culinary coursework or related experience desired
• Food Discount
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Competitive Wages
• Fun, Energetic Work Environment
• Tenure Recognition
• Flexible Schedule
• Direct Deposit
• Referral Bonus
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Recognition Program
• Employee Assistance Program
Browse similar jobs (40)
Sioux City, Iowa 51111
Sioux City, Iowa 51108