The Associate Manager, under the supervision of the General Manager, is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating operations and non-management personnel for a single restaurant. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager directs restaurant operations to ensure compliance with concept and health and safety standards and acceptable financial performance.
• Monitors all restaurant operations and conditions to ensure the quality of the product and customer service. Monitoring includes: Employee job performance; Food and labor costs, budgets, and sales; Compliance with Concept Guidelines; Food and beverage preparation, storage, inventory, and presentation; Food and beverage service; Vendor invoices and the food ordering system; Redbook/manager's log entries; and Cash transactions, comps or voids, and amounts of cash in drawers.
• Examines restaurant for conformance to concept and health standards.
• Walks through all restaurant areas to monitor and observe restaurant operations.
• Reviews documentation to assess the quality of restaurant operations.
• Generates performance reviews for all non-management staff.
• Oversees the training of non-management employees.
• Assigns duties and responsibilities to employees based upon work requirements.
• Provides performance feedback to employees.
• Generates work schedules for all restaurant employees.
• Communicates with employees, customers, vendors, and concept personnel for various purposes.
• Exchanges information about restaurant operations with concept personnel.
• Discusses issues related to ordering food, beverages, and supplies from vendors.
• Interviews job candidates.
• Rectifies customer complaints.
• Exchanges and gathers information from employees and customers.
• Contacts employees to modify employee work schedules.
• Generates documents reporting information concerning the performance of the restaurant.
• Maintains documentation in employee personnel files.
• Develops a food ordering system to meet the needs of the restaurant.
• Generates correspondence with concept personnel.
• Documents events in the Redbook/manager's log.
• Operates a computer and associated software (MS Office, internet) and computerized cash register.
• When needed, may perform the duties of a food server, expediter, line cook, busser, or food runner
• Oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
• Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll, managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc.
• Manages supplies and ensures orderly work areas
• Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
• Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
• Provides timely and accurate reports as required
• Addresses customer concerns and issues
• Ensures stated goals are met.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
• High school diploma or GED required; some post high school education or training preferred
• One year of relevant experience
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Fluent English-Speaking and Writing Skills
• Neat, Clean, Professional Appearance
• Customer-Friendly Demeanor
• Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
• Stand for long periods of time
• Able to work a flexible schedule
• Able to lift 25 lbs to waist level
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Company Match 401k
• Bonus Potential
• Food Discount
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Competitive Wages
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Tenure Recognition
• Flexible Schedules
• Fun, Energetic Work Environment
• Employee Assistance Program
• Direct Deposit
- 401-K plan
- Manager shirts
- Free meals
- After 2-year minimum in the Hourly Assistant Manager position you will have the opportunity to move up to salary and bonus.