SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
• Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
• Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
• Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
• Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
• Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
• Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
• Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
• Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/services deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
• Continuous standing.
• Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
• Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depth of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
• Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
• Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide.
• Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet.
• Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
• Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
• Food Discount
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Competitive Wages
• Fun, Energetic Work Environment
• Tenure Recognition
• Flexible Schedule
• Direct Deposit
• Employee Assistance Program