Convenience Store/Subway Manager
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Available via phone 24/7
- Available to work hours when staff is unavailable.
- Stores operate 24 hours a day and 365 days per year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The minimum Formal Education preferred to be considered for this position is (indicated level and years of education and, if a degree is required, the major):
- Minimum 2 years Retail Leadership experience
- Demonstrated Leadership skills/competencies are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Superb Mathematical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
Areas of responsibility include:
- Assist Store Manager with training and supervision, and help direct store employees.
- Greet Customers, properly suggestively recommend and sell specials and limited time only products.
- Assists Store Manager in ensuring personnel provide constant, superior customer service in all areas at all times.
- Ensures store is clean and visually appealing to all customers, at any time.
- Ensure Sales policies and Cash Management procedures are strictly followed.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints.
- Order and receive merchandise from outside suppliers, being certain that base inventory levels are checked and there are no out of stocks.
- Ensure all merchandise delivered is listed and priced on all invoices and all incoming merchandise is “touch counted” before signing invoice.
- Responsible for overall store cleanliness and conditioning.
- Maintain proper security measures for protection of merchandise and cash.
- Maintains shift sheet for cash and shift reconciliation verification and to see that all critical counts (cigarettes, etc.) are being inventoried correctly.
- Assist Store Manager in assigning cleaning tasks by shift and follow up on completion.
- Directly drives Sales.
- Oversees and ensures overall conditions of all stores comply with company standards including: Cleanliness, food service, store and food sanitation, customer service, and, merchandising.
- Ensures all safety procedures are followed.
- Enforces company policies and procedures, note violations in writing and send to Human Resource Director for filing.
- Ensures no employees work off the clock while under their supervision.
- Assist Store Manager in establishing a weekly schedule with a zero overtime tolerance.
- Make sure all employees are instructed in safety procedures (gas shut off, what to do in event of robbery or fire)
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Standing and moving on dry and/or moist floors up to 8 hours in a single interval.
- Exposures to temperatures of 32 degrees to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bending, twisting, lifting, reaching, sitting and grasping varies in repetitions, distances, degrees, angle, weights, height, intervals of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the task being performed.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, and other fluids that may soil clothing.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals found in a convenience and/or foodservice store.
- Expected uniform is business casual or appropriate company logo apparel.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old