Bartender - 2 Milpitas (Milpitas, CA)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Mixes and, in a responsible manner, serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks as well as food. Serve bar and dining room guests per Applebee's specifications in a courteous and timely manner.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water and juices to prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in such portions and in a proper glassware as specified by Applebee's.
- Serves and pours wine, bottled beer and draft beer according to proportions and in proper glassware as specified by Applebee's.
- Follows all PLCB laws and Applebee's Responsible Service of Alcohol system to ensure guests are not over served, becoming intoxicated over the legal limit. Alerts Manager should a guest appear intoxicated and reacts accordingly.
- Interacts verbally with all bar guests as well as dining room guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
- Completes opening and closing side duties and checklists as assigned.
- Serves food and drink to all bar guests as well as assists with dining room guests if needed.
- Slices fruit and vegetable garnishes at a prescribed par level each day.
- Stocks juices, ice, alcohol, beer, wine, and any other product needed to properly and efficiently operate the bar as prescribed by Applebee's.
- Keeps the bar area, including bar top, floor and storage areas, clean and free of debris, dirty glassware, plates, silverware and trash.
- Presents guest checks to bar patrons. Makes correct change and / or completes any necessary charge card or gift card transactions.
- Processes employee and manager food orders.
- Relays food orders to kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system, as well as accounts for every drink poured behind the bar on same.
- Takes part in any and all company related initiatives and activities such as gift card sales and promotions, charitable programs and related meetings, etc.
- Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon date of hire.
- Ability to wipe down tables including bases, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all area of the restaurant.
- Transports plates, glasses and trays to and from the dining room, service bar and kitchen a minimum of 30 times per shift.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility and full range of movement throughout the shift.
- Transports glass rack, plate ware, cases of food and beverage which weigh up to 30 pounds a minimum of 30 times per shift.
- Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast paced mobility for periods of up to 6 (six) hours in length.
- Must have good sense of balance, able to bend, kneel and react swiftly to actions surrounding them.
- Must have the ability to lift bus pans, trays, cases of food and beverage weighing as much as 30 pounds.