Line Cook / Kitchen Team - 9 Merced (Merced, CA)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Completes all assigned prep work and / or sets up the line / cooks station as prescribed by Applebee's. Completes all line checks and other checklists as assigned by Management. Maintains a sanitary and clean work space. Prepares all menu and food preparation items according to Applebee's recipes, plate presentations and specifications achieving rigid quality standards and cook / prep times.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
- Prepares menu items according to Applebee's recipes, plate presentations and specifications.
- Completes the assigned hot and cold prep work.
- Sets up and breaks down work stations according to Applebee's charts, diagrams and checklists.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary work area before, during and after a shift.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Takes part in any and all company related initiatives and activities such as gift card sales and promotions, charitable programs and related meetings, etc.
- Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age upon date of hire.
- Transports, lifts and stocks onto shelves cases up to 50 pounds a minimum of 10 times per day.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, pots and miscellaneous kitchen small-wares on both high and low shelving.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Works in a hot, noisy and fast paced environment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Must have appropriate organizational skills and work well under pressure.
- Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to all fellow Team Members, Managers and Cooks.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication and fill in required forms and check lists.
- Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools, kitchen equipment and sharp knives.
- Must demonstrate coordination and balance while moving quickly in a potentially dangerous environment.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 8 (eight) hours in length.
- Subject to wet floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry dishes, cases of food, pots of water, food products and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds on a continuous and regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and move freely with out restriction through out the kitchen.