Community Activity Coordinator
We have a part-time opening for a Community Activity Coordinator.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
The Community Activity Coordinator at Mind LA is going to be responsible for organizing at least one, at times two, weekly program activities with older adults of LA as participants . The coordinator will be responsible for strategic planning, implementation and creative thinking to execute our weekly activities. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to volunteers to help maximize impact.
1. Independently strategizing and handling every aspect of the the weekly program activity with support from the agency.
2. Ensuring smooth execution of the activities with available support and assistance from volunteers.
3. Coordination with churches and other communities to activate participation for the weekly program activity.
4. Coordination with schools for location tie ups.
5. Recruitment and interviews of volunteer for program activity.
6. Conducting orientation for new volunteers.
7. Overseeing volunteer schedule and assigning volunteers as needed, including attendance at local special events.
8. Handling regular communications with applicants and active volunteers as needed.
9. Research and publicize community forums, cultural events and other opportunities for volunteers.
10. Maintaining and updating list of participants, activities, engagements and volunteers.
11. Sending notifications to volunteers regarding special or ongoing volunteer opportunities and other agency needs.
12. Assists with volunteer reward.
13. Oversees volunteer compliance with agreement and ensuring fulfillment of all volunteer commitments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the responsibilities satisfactorily.
1. Self starter with a college degree (Associate)
2. 2-3 years' experience in coordination of large scale activities involving locations and community participation, with at least one in volunteer coordination and/or management
3. Experience working with nonprofits is preferred
4. Experience in phone interviewing and background screening
5. Strong abilities in coordination, tie ups, ability to convince and understanding partner needs.
6. A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high-quality standards and a history of accomplishing goals even in the face of challenges or obstacles
7. Volunteer and/or service experience; experience with community outreach, engagement or mobilizing preferred;
8. High level of professionalism with excellent communication and comprehension skills
9. Leadership skills as well as dedication to teamwork
10. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
11. Proficiency in English and Spanish languages.
12. Computer literacy is a must, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs; knowledge of macOS and ability to design and fliers/posters is a plus.
13. Driven, passionate, sincere and unflinching in front of challenges
14. Commitment to Mind LA mission.
Browse similar jobs (3020)
Encino, California 91436