Kitchen Worker - Line or Prep
APPLY IN PERSON!
FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW, APPLY IN PERSON BETWEEN 2-4PM.
Some of our present franchisee owners started their career at McAlister’s working at the front counter. And some of our counter employees are so happy where they are, they don’t want to go anywhere else. Whether you want a great job for now or a career with a future, McAlister's is for you.
Do you want to be surrounded by a family friendly, clean, smoke - and alcohol - free environment?
We offer the speed of quick service and the quality of a casual family dining restaurant. Our menu consists of a variety of high-quality deli sandwiches, extra-large baked potatoes, soups, salads, desserts and our famous iced tea. There is minimal cooking and we do not use stoves, mixers, or fryers so when you leave the kitchen, you don't smell like an order of fries.
As we expand our concept, our highest priority for recruitment into our restaurants is to hire the right kind of people to represent our brand. These individuals must possess the ability and passion for delivering superior customer service (whether internal or external customers) in a friendly and enthusiastic environment.
We want your personality to shine through in the performance of your job. We work to maintain a dominant market position and continued profitable sales growth, and are committed to filling each position with the most capable person available.
The Make Line / Food Prep is responsible the preparing various food products; ensuring proper food handling procedures are followed; arranging necessary supplies and equipment between storage and work areas; operating a variety of kitchen utensils and/or equipment for food product cooking, serving and storing; receiving and inventorying food and beverage products; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
- Must have a great attitude!
- Cashier, Customer Service, Kitchen or Deli experience helpful.
- Responsible for stocking food and paper supplied in service area
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision
- Ability to communicate viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for proper food preparation
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Prepares appropriate equipment for cooking
- Operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
- Is willing to execute on the line during the rush
- Requires the ability to lift/push objects weighing up to 70 lbs
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs (9)
Lansing, Michigan 48917