Are you passionate about scratch cooking and working in a fun and exciting environment? So are we!
At Babalu, we take great pride in putting together the highest quality creations from scratch using locally sourced products when available. We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun at the same time. Join our team today!
Summary of Responsibilities
The Tortilla/Prep Cook's greatest responsibility is making our blue-corn masa tortillas from scratch including preparing the dough and pressing and grilling our tortillas. In addition to making tortillas, your duties include but are not limited to:
• Rolling enchiladas
• Pressing and stuffing empanadas
• Washing, chopping and preparing vegetables
• Breaking down, cutting and cooking meat
• Weighing and mixing ingredients
• Properly storing items for future use
• Prior tortilla preparation experience preferred but not required
• Demonstrate cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes
• Knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and bend, climb or work in confined spaces
• Ability to properly lift 25 lbs
• Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
• Have fun creating a great experience for the guests as well as for yourself and your team!
• Work/Life Balance
• Paid Vacation Potential
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Competitive Wages
• Ongoing Training
• Half-Priced Shift Meals
• Positive and Rewarding Work Environment
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for? If so, apply today!