of a shift, within company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes
to the profitability of the store. The term "sales associate" applies to the positions of
1st/2nd_shift and 3rd shift employee, both full- and part-time.
* Be able to read, understand, and write the English language.
* Be able to perform arithmetical calculations in order to be able to make
change, complete shift reports, and account for inventory and invoices.
* Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process checks,
money orders, credit cards.
* Be able to understand instructions, verbal and written.
* Be able to operate electronic equipment - cash registers, gasoline consoles, credit card, money order, check acceptance.
* Be able to lift 50 pounds, carrying merchandise cartons, soft drink and beer
cases, etc, at least once per shift.
* Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
* Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher and moving around.
* Be able to bend over to pick up items, clean, lift.
* Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
* Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash
containers and bags to an outside bin.
* Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store.
* Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 35 degrees.
The list of Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job
description and to require tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change
(for example, emergencies, personnel, workload or technical development)
A detailed Job Description for this position will be provided if a conditional offer of employment is extended.