Summary of Position:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparing drinks according to Arooga’s approved recipes and presentation specifications. The bartender also ensures that each and every guest’s experience is pleasant by meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Ask for ID from any guest that appears to be under the age of 35.
- Counts cash till and change bank for accurate start levels at the beginning of every shift.
- Accurately prepare drinks, according to company recipes and presentation.
- The ability to free pour a ¼ oz., ½ oz., ¾ oz., 1 oz., 1- ¼ oz., 1- ½ oz. and 1- ¾ oz. shots with consistent proficiency.
- Offers every guest a menu and fills drink orders, suggesting specialty drinks, non-alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, etc. and delivers them properly and accurately to each guest.
- Offers guests a Buzztime game tablet, discussing its applications to guests unfamiliar with the game.
- Asks the required 7 wing questions.
- Provides responsible beverage service.
- Knows the Arooga’s menu thoroughly and accurately, answers any questions a guest might have about menu items and preparation options.
- Suggests an appetizer and delivers it promptly (if ordered).
- Takes each guest’s entrée order, suggesting add-on sides and salads.
- Discusses the MVP loyalty program with customer while waiting for the food to arrive and asks them to join.
- Checks back with guests with two (2) minutes to make sure everything is prepared to their satisfaction.
- Without being intrusive, observes when drinks need to be refilled or dishes need to be cleared.
- Properly pours a draft beer, using the appropriate, designated glassware.
- Enters all food and drink items at the POS station, ensuring all items are entered accurately.
- Presents the check and picks up the payment in a timely fashion. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure.
- Pre-bus bar by clearing all food items.
- Resolves any guest complaints immediately (unless a Manager is required to assist), exercising judgment in the most appropriate way to satisfy the guest.
- Advises the management immediately of any guest complaints so the manager can immediately intercede and resolve the issue.
- Observes other bar stations, service bar printer and helps out when needed.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
Represents Mohegan Restaurant (AR), LLC in a professional and courteous manner at all times
Regularly attends and is punctual for work
This position reports to the Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn all of the standard liquor, wine and beer products offered by Arooga’s
- Knowledge of drink recipes and presentations
- Ability to use POS station quickly and accurately
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others
- Knowledge of Connecticut liquor laws
- Ability to be Serv Safe certified
Education, Experience and Training:
- One (1) year of previous bartending experience in a fast pasted restaurant setting
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays