Summary of Position:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for completing all assigned prep work, setting up the individual prep stations, while maintaining Arooga’s recipes, product presentations, product quality, cook time standards and maintaining a clean and sanitary working environment.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after the shift.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Prepares all food according to Arooga’s recipes, plate presentations and specifications.
- Ensures that all pre-portioned food items follow Aroogas recipe portioning standards.
- Monitors the cooling of all cooked food items, and updates them to the cooling chart.
- Dates, labels and rotates all products.
- Completes all assigned prep work within assigned time lines.
- Works cook’s line during high-volume period, as directed by the manager.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
Represents Mohegan Restaurant (AR), LLC in a professional and courteous manner at all times
Regularly attends and is punctual for work
This position reports to the Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow recipes in the manner in which they are written
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment safely
- Ability to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to maximize use of time
- Demonstrated ability to attention to detail
- Ability to be Serv Safe certified
Education, experience and Training:
- Six (6) months of prep cooking experience or culinary training
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays