Front Of House Supervisor
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the restaurant. They are responsible for supervising front of house staff (Servers, Bartenders, Host/Hostess. Although this position has direct responsibilities to the Front of the House, the person in this role may be required to provide guidance to all team members and understand the operation and processes of the back of the house and fill in when needed.
• Ensures proper staffing structure by recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and evaluating the skills of each staff member and utilizing them where most beneficial in accordance with their indicated availability.
• Manages team including scheduling-assigning work areas, directing, providing performance feedback, coaching, and discipline.
• Responsible for ongoing staff development. Identifying training needs, recording attendance, scheduling refreshers, ensuring all staff are in compliance.
• Communicates to management to ensure effective and efficient operations without issue
• Effectively builds trust and respect among staff members and fellow management by providing clear and honest communication and feedback.
• Leads by example. Always assist the staff members, never ask them to complete task that you wouldn't complete or don't complete on a regular basis. Assist when necessary including taking out garbage, scrubbing floors, doing dishes, cleaning restrooms, etc. Don't leave all the grunt work for the staff. Pitch in and be a team and someone others want to follow and learn from.
• Evaluates the quality, care and morale of the staff and strives to improve these areas through solid communication, care with schedule-writing, work group leadership, etc.
• Responsible for achieving or exceeding the written restaurant budgets for the location (i.e., alcohol & beverage cost, drink efficiencies, labor cost and direct front of house expenses).
• Sets operational goals and follow-up plans for the location. Direct and hold all team members accountable for those goals.
• Assists in implementation and maintain front of house systems.
Assists in maintaining current front of house schedules, staffing templates, team member files, ordering and production targets, etc.
• Ensures compliance with inventory procedures.
• Oversee all opening & closing duties are completed correctly and that cleanliness, organization, & maintenance are maintained
• Responsible for daily deposits, and the correct operation of the POS systems
• Balancing of all daily and nightly cash drawers and POS
• Inventory and maintenance of par levels for front of house
• Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to employees
• Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in their area
• Handle guest complaints according to company guidelines
• Work closely and continuously communication with the Kitchen Supervisor to provide a seamless experience
• Responsible for quality assurance of products leaving their outlets
• Maintains service quality standards for the restaurant.
• Oversees all phases of front of house supply procurement, production and service, including, inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, drink preparation, recipe adherence, presentation, and service and production time standards
• Conducts daily checks, drink reviews and drinks of the day.
• Ensures that clear feedback is provided to the entire team, kitchen team and management.
• Monitors all Commitment to Service/Mystery Guest scores, support staff visitation notes, etc. Follows up with corrective action plan.
• Responsible for managing on-going repairs, maintenance, programs, etc.
• Conducts weekly internal audits on housekeeping, safety, sanitation and facility to improve restaurant standards of front of house team and to correct deficiencies on a timely basis.
• Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the restaurant by maintaining specified standards, geared toward perfect scores on Health Department audits, and training staff on proper sanitation guidelines.
• Ensures staff is well versed on beverage and liquor types, sanitization, proper supply handling, storage practices, etc., through proper training and supervision
* High School Diploma/GED
* Additional education or degree in a Hospitality related field preferred
* 1-3 years supervisory experience, with at least 1 high customer volume experience
* Servsafe training or passing and up to date prior to hire.
* Experience using POS systems
* Basic to intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
* Superior organizational, prioritizing, multi-tasking skills with exceptional attention to detail
* Must be able to communicate both written and verbally and in public presentations
* Must be knowledgeable of meal service patterns of children zero to five years old.
* Must have proven, successful interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with intra-department and inter-department team, vendors, clients, visitors, and contractors
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions with the ability to read, interpret, and present information efficiently and effectively.
* Must be able to accurately audit records and ensure compliance with written or verbal guidelines.
* Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well/maintain positive composure under pressure.
* High standards of personal hygiene and personal appearances
* Ability to be on feet for several hours at a time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PM-Chubby's Central Management - Sylvania