We have a full-time opening for a Staff Accountant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 1 or more years experience.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Q-Free of Norway, a world-leading supplier of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), is an international company with over 400 employees and 20 offices around the world. Q-Free Boston is a subsidiary with 15 people located in Sudbury, MA (25 miles west of Boston), and is a system integrator specializing in designing and implementing Intelligent Parking Systems for a variety of industries nationally and globally. We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for an individual to work for an international organization.
Successful candidates will have the ability to multitask and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Local accounting in the Group ERP-system (Microsoft AX & QuickBooks), accounts reconciliation, intercompany transactions and month/year-end close.
- Monthly financial reporting.
- Coordinating link between Q-Free Boston and Corporate on financial topics.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast along with quarterly revisions.
- Explanation of budget/forecast deviations.
- Monitor accounting controls and procedures in accordance to IFRS.
- Use FIFO accounting method to track inventory and prepare WIP.
- Monthly, quarterly and/or annual sales tax submittals as required.
- Continuous improvement of current internal financial structures, procedures and practices.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years' experience in accounting/finance.
- Working knowledge of monthly close/general ledger and the entire P&L and BS.
- Project accounting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., QuickBooks, Microsoft AX, etc.).
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must.
- Highly proficient in usage of Microsoft Office such as Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be proactive, deadline focused and highly organized.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, staff and external firms.
Only local candidates will be considered. This is a full-time position based out of our Sudbury, MA office with medical benefits and a 401K as defined by the Q-Free Employee Handbook. All candidates are required to have a valid passport, driver's license, and no criminal record.
Q-Free offers a complete range of versatile products, turnkey solutions and professional services based on the most advanced and cost-effective technologies. More information can be found at www.q-free.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For immediate consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled Drug Free Workplace