ARSM2 Restaurant Manager - Sales and Events
Responsible for soliciting new business, maintaining relationships with existing accounts, overseeing client functions to ensure customer satisfaction, and representing and promoting the Rodizio Grill and The Melting Pot restaurants in the community.
• Solicit new and existing guests and accounts to meet/exceed Restaurant Sales revenue goals through lead follow-up, telephone solicitation internal and external leads, outside sales calls, concierge visits. Attend community/social events and industry meetings. Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
• Detail all private dining and large party events. Work with other departments within the restaurant to provide quality service to customers (Host, Management, Party Team, Kitchen).
• Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
•E-Mail Club Development
•2 Days per week shift management in the restaurant.
•Coordinate Events and Large Parties to insure guest satisfaction.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurants. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with the Westlake Restaurant Management, Rodizo Grill and Melting Pot rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the restaurant facilities. Employees who violate restaurant rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the Restaurant::
• Professionally represent Westlake Restaurant Management, Rodizio Grill and The Melting Pot at all industry/community functions.
• Participate as a team player with all departments.
• Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent inter-personal and sales related experience.
• Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of food and beverage menus, food preparation and presentation.
• Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision.
• Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently.
• Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
• Ability to establish and master goals.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
This position requires flexible hours and will be scheduled during peak holiday period as a critical part of the role it plays in the business. Evenings and weekends are scheduled. This position is scheduled 45 -52 hours per week.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Previous restaurant sales and/or restaurant operations experience required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Westlake, Rodizio and Melting Pot standards.Excellent Communications Skills - Writing, Telephone and Verbal
Computer Skills - Must be able to use a variety of software. Including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel (limited), Open Table or other reservations and table management software. Gather party management experience is a plus.
Be able to work 4-6 Hours on your feet and occasionally lift 35lbs or more.
Previous Restaurant Full-Service Service, Supervision or Management Experience is very helpful. Prefer restaurant or event sales or management experience.