We have a full-time opening for a Medical Assistant.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Skyline Direct Care, MD, a leader in Direct Primary Care (DPC) is seeking a talented, passionate Medical Assistant to join our expanding practice in Tucson, Arizona.
A Skyline Direct Care, MD DPC employee candidate is a compassionate, out-going, optimistic, proactive individual, who works effectively with other team members, and is committed to improving the healthcare experience for patients and providers.
Skyline Direct Care, MD team members provide comprehensive primary and preventive care services to a maximum 700 patient panel for each provider. This is less than an amount recommended by the American Board of Family Medicine guidelines, and provides improved care and patient outcomes. This care includes acute and chronic disease management and preventive care.
Specific responsibilities of the Skyline Direct Care, MD Medical Assistant may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Report to Clinical Director
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of Physician, Physician Assistant, or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Assist Physician, Physician Assistant, or Family Nurse Practitioner in the exam room
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient's chart prior to provider entering the exam room
- Perform medication reconciliation with every patient prior to escorting the patient into the exam room, document any changes in the patient's chart
- Perform allergy reconciliation with every patient prior to escorting the patient into the exam room, document any changes in the patient's chart
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by Physician, Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Ensure all reports, results, labs and information is electronically filed in the EMR and available in patients' medical records the day they are received
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient's healthcare questions commensurate with your scope of practice
- Explain the model of Direct Primary Care to patients in a thoughtful, cheerful manner to encourage enrollment into practice
- Triage and process messages from patients to Physician, Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Coordinate all patient referrals and ensure receipt of all results from referrals
- Perform all checklist duties listed in Addendum A
- All other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director or Practice Manager
- Medical Assistant Certification
- High School Diploma; some college preferred
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- Ability to maintain and improve organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Exceptional phone etiquette, interpersonal skills and personal hygiene
How to Apply
If you are an individual who is passionate about patient care and practice innovation, please send your resume and cover letter, or request more information by emailing email@example.com.