Reports directly to the Store Manager/Assistant Manager. Responsible for receiving, inspecting, and accepting incoming merchandise & supplies from the Distribution Center, UPS, FedEX, and other vendors.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following .
- Unload trucks, stage and style merchandise for the sales floor
- Price and prepare merchandise for the sales floor
- Assist in cardboard pick up and bailing
- Performs other duties, such as, assisting on the sales floor, cashiering, complete price changes, assisting with housekeeping duties, and other areas as needed
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Understanding safety policies and practises
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guidelines
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform cash register functions
- Ability to be a team player
- Constant walking and standing
- Ability to use pallet jack and other tools as needed
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasionally lifting 50 pounds
- Fast-paced enviornment; moderate noise level
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule.