Responsible for cutting meat, along with wrapping and packaging it. Rotating product in the display case. Keeping the department clean at all times and providing excellent customer service. Responsible for following all departmental and store policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
• Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
• Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry to prepare meat in cooking form
• Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine • Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat
• Full-Time work schedule: Variable schedule; includes weekend responsibilities
• Follow directive of store director and meat team leader
• Provides exceptional customer service
• Adheres to all Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines and preparation methods, as per company policy
• Cleaning and maintenance of work area including sweeping and stock replenishment
• Checks temperatures on all cases to make sure they are running properly
• Makes sure all signs are available on all items and readable at all times
Ensuring a safe work environment by following proper procedures in regards to operating machinery
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/AGE: Must be at least 18 years of age.
EXPERIENCE: Experience is preferred but not necessary. All training is given on the job.
SKILLS: Must learn and understand all aspects of retail meat operations as they relate to Best Yet Market. Must be able to provide excellent customer service and perform that by example. Must possess good skills in dealing with customers and co-workers and be able to accept discipline from higher authorities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Body Positions: Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Body Movements: Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists and fingers, squatting, kneeling, reaching over head. Must be capable of heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Language: Must be able to understand and communicate in English verbally and be able to read all necessary information pertaining to the position. Mechanical: Must be able to work all machines within the department..
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work will be done primarily in a climate controlled store and warehouse environment. Storage cases, walk in boxes and prep rooms are kept at appropriately cold temperatures in which you will be required to perform certain tasks. Because of the nature of products sold, the store itself is kept colder than normal.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old