Hotel Housekeeper / Room Attendant
The objective of the Housekeeping Room Attendant is to maintain high level of cleanliness in guest rooms and to replenish guest amenities according to standards. All assigned guest rooms must be cleaned in allotted time period specified by housekeeping office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use appropriate cleaning chemicals on appropriate items only as trained. Do not mix chemicals together or use straight out of original bottle. Must use appropriate safety measures such as gloves.
- Be aware of blood borne pathogen procedures and contact supervisor when needed.
- All guest bathrooms are to be cleaned with appropriate chemicals and hot water. All surfaces must be disinfected using proper cleaning procedures.
- All used glasses and coffee cups must be replaced. They must be washed in dishwasher in housekeeping according to health codes.
- All dirty linen must be placed in linen bag on cart. No trash or housekeeping glasses are to be on floor in hallway.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times. Carts should be cleaned at end of day.
- Remove room service trays from guest rooms and place neatly outside door by wall. If only a small amount of dishes or a glass, etc is left in room, place by elevator foyer next to wall.
- Bring all lost and found items to housekeeping office with room number and date on them. If it is something valuable, it needs to be given directly to a housekeeping supervisor to ensure it is locked up immediately.
- Notify your supervisor of any maintenance issues in guest rooms.
- Any other tasks assigned involving guest room cleaning.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude towards guests at all times.
ADDITIONALLY:Bed linens must be changed according to standards set by housekeeping office. Vacant and dirty rooms MUST be changed daily. Any suspicions by supervisors or management that sheets are not being changed by that employee will be subject to being marked by Executive Housekeeper and supervisor. If not changed, employee will be immediately terminated due to health code violations. Sheets in occupied stayover rooms will be changed every third day unless otherwise specified by guest; or if a stain is noticed by room attendant or supervisor. Linen must also be changed on rollaway and cribs in the same manner.
Salary: $9.50 to $10.00 /hour
- Housekeeping: 1 year
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old