Job Type: Monday - Friday; Part-Time
Hours: 6:15AM - 8 AM or 9 AM and 2:30 PM or 3 PM - 6 PM
Salary Range: $12.25- $14.50/hr based upon education and experience
Highlights: Paid Professional Development trainings, benefits available for those working 20+ hrs/wk, free enrollment for your child while employed with the department
Make a difference in the lives of students by joining our team and supporting the DPS vision, Every Child Succeeds.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
To provide a safe and learning environment for children, nurture a positive work environment that conduct students to the optimal growth and development. To interpret the philosophy of Denver Public Schools to faculty, staff, parents, visitors and the community. To ensure compliance of School District and Colorado Department of Human Services polices.
- Ensures that Colorado Department of Human Services Rules and Regulations are in compliance
- Maintain and facilitate open communication with parents, staff and students
- Interact positively with parents and refer questions and concerns to the Supervisor when needed and appropriate.
- Maintain a punctual, reliable schedule during program hours.
- Follow staff conduct guidelines outlined in the staff handbook.
- Perform facility maintenance and housekeeping duties as assigned and needed.
- Follow the general daily schedule for the program.
- Maintain appropriate standards for children’s behavior following the discipline guidelines as outlined in the staff handbook; use the discipline log when necessary.
- Maintain the accident log and complete accident reports, with assistance from the supervisor, as required by Denver Public Schools and or child care licensing.
- Maintain licensing ratio for staff to child.
- Provide careful supervision of play areas to ensure children’s safety.
- Assist in planning program curriculum.
- Attend all orientations, trainings and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensure & Certification:
- Verifiable education and training in working with children.
- Be able to provide proof or obtain CPR, First Aide, Universal Precautions and Medication Administration certifications.
Education & Experience:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate an ability to work with children.
- Must have at least three (3) months (455 hours) of full-time or equivalent part-time satisfactory and verifiable experience with school-age children.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- Flexible, self-motivated individual.
- Evidence of verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
About Denver Public Schools:
The Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools supports and strengthens DPS students, families, schools and communities by delivering and facilitating high-quality programs and services that extend beyond the traditional school experience. This includes out-of-school-time programs and volunteer and community partnership services. This work creates safe environments where students and families gain the tools, resources and social competencies they need to achieve success.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.